About Institution of fire Engineers (INDIA)
The Institution of Fire Engineers (India) was established on the recommendations of the standing Fire Advisory Council constituted by the Chiefs of Fire Services in India and headed by DG, NDRF & CD, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. The Institution was founded in the year 1973 as a premier non-government organization (NGO) and professional body registered under the Societies Act, 1860 as resolved in one of the meeting held under the Chairmanship of the Dy. Home Minister, Minister of India Sh. B.N. Datar, Ministry of Home Affairs. IFE(I) is dedicated to the cause of fire engineers and fire engineering profession. The Graduateship Examination conducted by the Institution is recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Department of Education, Govt. of India for appointment to the post of Divisional Officer/Asst. Divisional Officer and below in Central and State Govts./Public Sectors and Local Bodies & Industries Fire Services.
After independence in 1947 there was no recognized Institute for imparting training in the field of Fire Engineering and Fire protection Technology. Personnel engaged in Fire services were acquiring professional competency by seeking membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers (UK) with a view to enhance their professional skills and qualification for promotional avenues for holding senior positions in fire services considering the dire need to trained qualified Fire Officers. The Government of India has set up National Fire Service College in the year 1956 under the Ministry of Home Affairs by introducing various Training courses for serving Fire Service Professionals and also fresh candidates for Sub. Officer Course for induction in Fire Services. Due to fast Industrialization and rapid increase in Fire hazards the NFSC could not cope up with increasing demands to impart professional training to fire professionals at various levels.
The affairs of the Institution are managed by the Executive Council headed by a President consisting of 18 elected members (6 from fellow/members, 6 from Associate Members, 6 from Graduate Members category) and 3 co-opted members. One-third members retire every year and elections are held by secret ballot on all India basis. General Secretary functions as Executive head for running the affairs under the guidance of Council & the President.
The main objectives of the Institution in force are as under:-
- Conduct graduateship examination, which is recognized by Government of India.
- Publishing quarterly technical journal “Fire Engineer”.
- To associate with all organizations engaged in Fire Protection work and making significant contribution in promoting Fire Engineering Science.
- Organizing Conferences and Seminars and Training Workshops as well as Exhibitions.
- Rendering technical advice on any specific problem related to Fire & Life Safety.
- To take-up assignments to evaluate Fire Risks to carryout Fire Safety Audit and to provide Fire Protection Scheme of Industries and Commercial complexes.
- To conduct training programme for various levels and to conduct coaching classes, to prepare students for various Fire Service Examinations.
- To fulfill the objective of propagating and spreading the knowledge & education in the field of Fire Sciences, the Institution organizes, International & National Conference, Seminars & Workshops.
In the conferences eminent experienced Fire Safety Scientists & professionals from all over the world are invited to present papers. Such conferences have become very popular among Fire Research Scientists, Engineers, Technologists, Architects, Town Planners, Consultants, Fire Service Officers, Health Safety Officers, Executives and Managers from Rail/Road Transport Sector, Metro Rail, Aviation, Airports, Off-shore drilling platforms, Power Plants, Fertilizer Industry, Refineries, Oil/Gas Sector, Security managers and Executives from public undertakings, Hotels, Hospitals and High Rise Complexes, Shipping Malls/Multiplexes, Manufacturers, Suppliers Insurance Surveyors, Loss Evaluators and all concerned with decision making. During International Conferences & Exhibitions are also organized in which, latest Fire Fighting, Technology, Communication, Rescue, Life Safety and Security Control equipments by Indian manufacturers and large spectrum from other Asian Countries as well as from Europe and America exhibits their products.
In addition, National level conferences were also organized, in the past and this year we have planned to organize two conferences in the near future. The other major activities conducted by the institution are to provide consultancy on Fire Safety related issues, to conduct Fire Safety Audits of all types of occupancies, including those of Industries, Hotels, Hospitals, Malls, Commercial Complex, High Rise structure, Power Generation Plants and up till now we have provided consultancy to Central Govt. undertakings, State Govt. undertaking & large Industrial Establishments.
Fire safety drills
Fire Safety audit
Seminars & Conferences
Name, Addresses And Description of Subscribers And witnesses To Their Signatures:-
- A.B. Advani, Fire Adviser, Govt. of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi, Signatures witnessed by Sh. G.D.Gupta, Deputy Secretary, Govt. of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi.
- P.N. Ghosh, Fire Adviser, Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi, signatures witnessed by Sh. S.C. Jain, Sr. Staff Officer (Trg.) Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi.
- P.N. Mehrotra, Dy. Fire Adviser, Govt. of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi Signatures witnessed by CDR. T. Bakshi, Asstt. Director General Civil Defence, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- R. S. Sundaram, Chief Fire Officer, Delhi Fire Service Hqrs., New Delhi, Signatures witnessed by Air CDR. M.. Akut, DDG Civil Defence, Govt. of India. New Delhi.
- H. C. Rai Choudhary, Sr. Fire Officer, Civil Aviation, R.K. Puram, New Delhi, signatures witnessaed by Lt. Col. R.M.Rajan, ADG (CD), Govt. of India, new Delhi.
- R. S. Gupta, Director National Fire Service College, Nagpur, Signatures witnessed by Sh. S. Ghosh, Dy. Direcor, National Fire Service College – Nagpur.
- S.K. Bose, State Fire Officer, U.P. Police HQrs., Allahabad, signatures witnessed by Sh. H.D. Kapil, Sr. Staff Officer, (HG) Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi.
- D. Attavar., Chief Fire Officer, Mysore state, Bangalore, signature witnessed by Sh. A.B. Krishnaswamy, 27/1, Madhave Nagar, High Grounds, Bangalore.
- S.C. Chatterjee, Director, West Bengal Fire Service, Calcutta signatures witnessed by Sh. S.Bose, Dy. Director, West Bengal Fire Servcie, Calcutta.
- Thiru M.A.S. Mohajir, Director, Tamil Nadu Fire Service, Madras, signatures witnessed by Thiru S.Amirthalingam, Divisional Fire Officer, Tamil nadu Fire Service, Madras.
- Sh. S.M. Barucha, Chief Fire Officer, Ahmedabad, signatures witnessed by Sh. B. J. Shellat, Maharashtra Society, Navrangpura – Ahmedabad.